To give you a taster, here are just a few ideas of the different attractions and activities on offer:
- Inverness Floral Hall Gardens and Coffee Shop – unique visitor attraction that offers a tranquil break amidst beautiful floral displays.
- Inverness Wild Life Cruises – cruise the waters of the Moray Firth, home to the most northerly resident group of Dolphins in Europe – you may also encounter Ospreys, Red Kites & Seals.
- Canny Tours – small Highland Tour Company offering a range of day trips from Inverness.
- Fairways – the Highlands premier golf, leisure and social location that caters for everyone in the family.
- PDG Helicopters – experience the thrill of helicopter flight whilst enjoying the magnificent views of Inverness and surrounding area.
- Guide Friday – Open top city bus tours. Hop on and hop off as much as you like at any of the bus stops on the route and see all the best sights and attractions that the city has to offer.
- Castle Gallery – one of the leading commercial art galleries in Scotland (UK).
- Highland House of Fraser – Kiltmaker and Supplier of Highland Dress.
- Culloden Battlefield – exciting new state of the art exhibition centre.
The Black Isle
- The Clansman Centre – Besides a shop, which specialises in Celtic and locally produced crafts and includes a Scottish armoury, there is a recreation of the interior of a Highland turf house, where an authentically dressed clansman brings the past back to life.
- Great Glen Way – walks and guided tours.
- Highland Trekking & Trail Riding – situated at the remote settlement of Cougie, ten miles from the village of Cannich. Caters for all abilities.
- Loch Ness Cruises – described by visitors and travel writers alike as “the most informative and entertaining cruise on Loch Ness”.
- Jacobite Cruises – For the finest way to see Loch Ness, nothing compares to a luxury cruise with Jacobite.
- Scottish Highland Tours – A selection of Exclusive and Individual Guided One Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
Aviemore & Cairngorm National Park
- Craggan for leisure – outdoor family entertainment in the heart of Speyside.
- Boots n Paddles – outdoor activities including open canoeing, archery, climbing, abseiling, hill walking, orienteering, mountain biking, gorge walking, canyoning and weaseling.
- The Whisky Castle – at Tomintoul is a unique Malt Whisky Shop with over 550 Single Malts on its shelves
- Alvie Estate – activities include: Clay Pigeon Shooting, Archery, Quad Bike Treks and Pony Trekking. Fishing is also available with a choice of rivers or lochs.
- Rothiemurchus – walking and guided walks, cycling and mountain biking, clay pigeon shooting, 4×4 driving experience, quad biking treks, pony trekking, dog sledding, fishing, deer stalking, wildlife watching, osprey watching, shopping and tours.
- Loch Insh Watersports Centre – one of the biggest outdoor centres in Scotland. Specialising in mountain and watersports activities. Multi sport activity holidays for school children, either residential or for visiting groups each day.
- Cairngorm Snowsports – not-for-profit organisation that trades as The Ski School and The Snowboard School. The only ski and snowboard school based on Cairngorm Mountain.
- Aviemore Ski School – Ski Hire and Instruction Packages. Learn to ski all year round on a dry slope. Sledging for children too.
- Loch Morlich Watersports – from watersports to walking, mountain biking to fishing, you’ll find activities to give many fun filled days!
- Landmark Forest Theme Park – much more than just a great day out. Fun, discovery and adventure for all ages.
- The Strathspey Railway – steam engine train trips, lunches and dinners on board, snacks and party bookings. Based in Aviemore.
- Highland Wildlife Park – Experience Scottish wildlife as well as international endangered animals of mountains and tundra in the spectacular setting of the Highland Wildlife Park.
- Cairngorm Mountain -funicular railway, skiing and snowboarding, guided walks and events.