Restaurants in Inverness
Just because you choose self-catering accommodation doesn’t mean you have to eat in every day of your holiday. There is a wealth of award-winning restaurants to discover in every part of the Highlands, many with beautiful views for your eyes to feast upon while you dine.
With fresh, clean waters and rich farming land, it’s little wonder that restaurants and chefs in the Highlands emphasise their use of the freshest local ingredients in their menus.
- Abstract – Rising Star in the Michelin Guide Great Britain and Ireland, unique blend of French culinary expertise and superb local produce.
- La Tortilla Asesina – Spanish Restaurant & Tapas Bar, Cafe, Delicatessen, A La Carte Menu, Weekly Salsa Night. Family friendly.
- The River Cafe and Restaurant – Sitting on the banks of the River Ness, offers excellent cuisine made from fresh local ingredients.
- Cafe 1 – Famous for it’s good food, polite staff and warm welcome.
- The Mustard Seed – Intimate and pleasant dining experience. Menu that combines traditional, Scottish and European cuisine with innovative and contemporary influences.
- Jimmy Chung’s – Bar and Chinese buffet. Help yourself from a mouth-watering array of 20 starters and 40 main courses – and go back for more.
- Aspendos – Aspendos is a modern and stylish restaurant that serves Mediterranean and Turkish food in Inverness – polite staff and great service!
- Riverhouse – Dedicated to sourcing and using only the finest seasonal and sustainable produce from around the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, whenever possible.
- Zizzi – Four local themes have been the inspiration behind the design of the new restaurant: the historic River Ness, boats, whisky distilleries and Macbeth.
- The Kitchen – The glass-fronted restaurant on the River Ness has stunning views of Inverness Castle, three dining rooms and a roof terrace.
- Rocpool Rendesvouz – A busy city-centre brasserie with sleek contemporary interior, riverside views and an energetic atmosphere.